Friday, November 12, 2010

School Days, Wonderful School Days...

Well, my days of unemployment have finally come to an end.  I am returning to teaching this coming week.   YAY!

What will I miss now that I am returning to work?  First and foremost not spending endless hours creating new goodies, attending to my two online shops throughout the day and checking my email several times a day (OK, maybe I won't miss that so much).   But, I am super excited to be returning to teaching.

It's been a long year and a half looking  for a teaching position.  Because of cutbacks in the school districts, I sadly became unemployed.  After hundreds of applications/resumes, I am blessed to have a gotten an awesome position.   I have seriously missed being surrounded throughout the day with kids.  Their jokes, their unbelievable sense of humor, their innocence.  Having lunch with a table of Kinder kids is incredible!  Or sitting with 6th graders who just want to talk. 

Do you all remember the dance "Soldier Boy" from a couple of years ago?  Well, let me tell you, Ms Vess learned that dance, oh yes I did!  Now mind you, I am no youngster, so it was a challenge!  *smile*  At the time I was a Librarian at K-8th grade school.  So, every afternoon four awesome 8th grade boys came into the Library and taught me the dance, insisting that Ms Vess would learn. 

I attended all 7th/8th grade school dances as a chaperon.   And guess who was drug out onto the dance floor to show off her greatness doing the "soldier boy"?  Yuppers, the one and only Ms Vess.  HA!

My new position will be as a reading interventionist.  It is a Kinder-6th grade school.  I am excited to be working with students having a difficult time reading.  Reading is so important!  It opens an endless world of possibilities.  If you can read, anything is possible! 


I will continue my Blog, I would miss all of you too much and I have to admit, I would miss my Blog.  It has become an old friend.  :)

I want to wish all of you the happiest and safest upcoming Holiday season!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to be able to give the gift of reading. Please visit this blog post: http://sidetrackedartist.blogspot.com/2010/09/to-teach-child.html

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    Thank you so much for the wonderful thoughts and the awesome blog link. I just visited the blog. More "reading" to do. Woot!

    A couple of years ago I was given a T-shirt by our Student Council. On the back it had one of my favorite quotes...

    "If you can read this, thank a Teacher". :)

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled for you! Best of luck with your first day back at school!

    ReplyDelete