But since I can't bring the awesome aroma to you, I can do the next best thing, and that is to share a recipe with you.
So for the recipe... (Compliments of Martha Stewart)
Serves 4Soooooo.... take your left over Corn Beef this week and bring out the skillet and prepare this awesome dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 baking potatoes, (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces thinly sliced corned beef, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook, turning often, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add onion; season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until potatoes and onions are browned, 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in corned beef and cream until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!